27. 11. 2017
The Bader Philanthropy Foundation awarded a joint grant in 2015 to the Institute of Art History of CAS and the Czech Association of Art Historians. From that, a scholarship can support young prospective Ph.D. candidates in the Czech Republic and their projects in the field of the history and theory of European visual arts and architecture from the Middle Ages to the 20th century.
“Obtaining scholarships from the Isabela & Alfred Bader Foundation, Bader Philanthropy, which has been awarded since last year by the Institute of Art History, along with together with the Czech Association of Art Historians, opens up possibilities for doctoral students of art history that their older colleagues can only dream about,” said Taťána Petrasová, a member of the Academy Council at a working meeting of the scholarship students supported in the last year.
The scholarship was founded by world-renowned chemist, millionaire, philanthropist, founder of the company Aldrich and collector of Flemish masters, Alfred Bader. His Czech roots led him not only to help Czech chemists but also Czech art history.
The scholarship is intended for three selected excellent research projects annually; it mainly serves to cover long-term study stays and academic internships abroad.
Bader’s scholarship was the main theme of a professional workshop, which took place on 22 to 23 November. “Such capacities of the field like Whitney Davis, Sandy Isenstadt or Romuald Kaczmarek are accepted the invitation to the discussion. It is an investment in the future of the field, which will certainly be repaid. It therefore pleases us that the workshop was also supported by the Academy of Sciences within the program Strategy AV21,” added Taťána Petrasová. Further information: http://bader.org/about-us/bader-philanthropies/isabel-alfred-bader-fund/
Prepared by: Vlaďka Coufalová, Department of Media Communication of the Head Office of the CAS
Photo: archive of the Institute of Art History
Přečtěte si také
- Nanodiamanty pomáhají rozkládat nervově paralytické látky
- Na ELI Beamlines se s projekty hlásí první externí uživatelé
- Čeští vědci pomohli rozluštit dědičnou informaci hrachu
- IDEA CERGE-EI zve na přednášku o odborném vzdělávání
- Renomovaný chemik Hiroshi Nakatsuji získal čestnou medaili Akademie věd ČR
- Klíčový objev pro pochopení mechanismu Alzheimerovy choroby
- Nová metoda mapování elektrostatického pole molekul se submolekulárním rozlišením
- Český Siemens ocenil mladé vědce, studenty a pedagogy
- Odkud a kam putují nepůvodní rostliny
- Americký astronaut bude přednášet v Praze