The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position focusing on the development of functional coatings for affinity optical biosensors.
Our research team Optical Biosensors (team leader Prof. Jiří Homola) is currently looking for postdoc research fellow focusing on the development of functional coatings for optical affinity biosensors.
Do you want to use your knowledge and experience in the preparation of functional materials and coatings? Do you want to develop advanced surfaces for investigation of molecular systems, medical diagnostics or environmental monitoring? Are you enthusiastic about multidisciplinary projects in which you can work closely with experts from various disciplines (chemistry, biology, photonics, or microfluidics) and develop new optical biosensors? If your answer is yes, you should apply for this position!
The selected candidate will carry out research and development of functional coatings for optical affinity biosensors.
Specific tasks include:
- development of advanced functional surfaces (e.g. based on zwitterionic polymers or photoactivatable systems) for affinity biosensors based on photonic micro- and nano-structures,
- preparation and characterization of developed functional surfaces,
- use of functional surfaces for the study of biomolecular interactions and detection of biomolecules related to medical diagnostics and environmental monitoring.
- Ph. D. in organic chemistry, macromolecular chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical engineering or similar,
- publication record in relevant field of material sciences,
- experience in research and development of functional coatings for affinity biosensing is of advantage,
- experience with the development and characterization of nanomaterials and nanostructures is of advantage.
- interesting and challenging work in an international research team,
- work on multidisciplinary scientific projects with real-world impact,
- excellent research infrastructure,
- language and professional training courses,
- 5 weeks of vacations,
- sport allowance (Multisport card).
Terms of employment
Full-time employment contract for 2 years (with the possibility of an extension) starting from January 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter.
In order to apply, please, respond to Mrs. Jana Petrlova (e-mail email@example.com) with the following documents:
- cover letter,
- list of publications.
In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Postdoctoral research fellow position in functional coatings for affinity optical biosensors.
The Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, Czech Academy of Sciences, in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for:
Research fellow – Department of Nanostructured Polymers and Composites
The research activities involve determination of general relationships; formation – structure – properties of the nanostructured polymers, in order to gain a general understanding of the processes of nanocomposite formation and of the effects governing the material properties. The candidate will be responsible for upgrade of thermoset composites via self-assembly structures based on modified carbon nanoplatelets including control of interphase parameters in analogous carbon-fibre composites.
More information about the research group and current projects available here.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Technology, Material Science or similar disciplines, PhD in the field of Polymer Chemistry and Physics is an advantage,
- research experience in the field of polymer materials,
- experience with polymer analysis and characterization methods of the prepared materials (GPC, NMR, FTIR, DSC, TGA, SAXS, WAXS, DMA, mechanical testing, etc.),
- active and creative approach to scientific and technical challenges,
- interest in learning new skills,
- ability to work both individually and in scientific team,
- good English communication skills (spoken and written),
- postdoc stay abroad and publication activity are an advantage.
- interesting research work in the field of new materials in a friendly atmosphere,
- participation on international and national research projects,
- participation on cooperative research with industrial partners,
- access to number of instrumental facilities,
- personal development possibilities – seminars, courses, conferences,
- work in an international team,
- flexible working hours, allowances for meals, employee benefits, 5 weeks of holiday, kindergarten for children 2-6 years,
- possibility of a research stay abroad.
For further details please contact Ivan Kelnar - firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 296809330.
Please, send your Application (detailed CV + cover letter) to Vladimír Fencl (email@example.com)
Please sent your application to 15. 10. 2020
Starting date: 1. 11. 2020