Academy Assembly elects new members of Academy and Science Councils
23. 04. 2021
Delegates of the Academy Assembly have elected new members to the CAS’s Academic Council and Science Council for 2021–2025. The elections took place through a specially designed electronic application.
In the first half of March, President Miloš Zeman re-appointed Eva Zažímalová as President of the Czech Academy of Sciences. On March 23, delegates of the CAS’s Academy Assembly elected new members to serve on the Academy Council and Science Council in 2021–2025.
The elections took place through a specially designed electronic application. More than two hundred registered delegates virtually attended the LVII. meeting of the Academy Assembly and elected a total of 15 members of the Academy Council and 29 members of the Science Council for the 2021–2025 term of office.
In addition to six scientists who had already served in the previous period of office, the elected members of the Academy Council include nine new members from the workplaces of the Czech Academy of Sciences, including Ilona Müllerová (Institute of Scientific Instruments), Jiří Homola of the Institute of Photonics and Electronics or Ondřej Beránek (Oriental Institute).
The Academy Council, with its 17 members (including CAS President Eva Zažímalová and the President of the Science Council) will act as the executive body for the CAS over the next four years. The Science Council's mandate is to serve a conceptual and advisory function in the preparation and implementation of the Czech Academy of Sciences’s science policy. Elected members of both bodies take up office on March 25, 2021.
Read more: Czech Academy of Sciences website
Text: Petra Palečková, The Institute of Photonics and Electronics of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Photo: Jana Plavec, Division of External Relations of the CAO of the CAS
- Metallic water prepared for first time under terrestrial conditions
- HiLASE Centre scientists have broken a new world record
- President of the CAS to be a scientific advisor to Brussels politicians
- CEFRES has been offering Czech science an intellectual and creative background for 30 years
- ELI Beamlines reached the highest average power ever demonstrated by a petawatt laser
- Position of the Czech Academy of Sciences on the support of frontier research in Horizon Europe
- Czech Intellect award for CAS for unique methane to methanol transformation
- The building of the Academy of Sciences is closed
- Giant plant genomes are driven by the accumulation of repetitive DNA and its conversion into a „dark matter“
- Position of the Czech Academy of Sciences on the future of the European Research Area