The CAS succeeded in Natural Index Biomedical Sciences
20. 05. 2019
Nature Index, compiled under patronage of the Nature magazine, monitors the count of high-quality outputs in selected science journals. In the recently published list of articles from the area of biomedical sciences, the Czech Academy of Sciences has reached 13th place in the worldwide category of government institutions, gaining the best position from all such institutions in Central and Eastern Europe.
The current list covers the period from 2015 to 2018. The excellent position of the Czech Academy of Sciences also means an improvement of 20.7% compared with the previous year. From European countries, only institutions from the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, and Italy ranked better than the CAS.
The Czech Academy of Sciences also attained excellent results in the general list of Nature Index, published in September 2018. In that list, the CAS reached an increase of 18.2% compared with the previous year, gaining 19th place in the worldwide category of government institutions. More information can be found here.
Prepared by: Milan Pohl, Department of Media Communication of the Head Office of the CAS
- Metallic water prepared for first time under terrestrial conditions
- HiLASE Centre scientists have broken a new world record
- President of the CAS to be a scientific advisor to Brussels politicians
- CEFRES has been offering Czech science an intellectual and creative background for 30 years
- Academy Assembly elects new members of Academy and Science Councils
- ELI Beamlines reached the highest average power ever demonstrated by a petawatt laser
- Position of the Czech Academy of Sciences on the support of frontier research in Horizon Europe
- Czech Intellect award for CAS for unique methane to methanol transformation
- The building of the Academy of Sciences is closed
- Giant plant genomes are driven by the accumulation of repetitive DNA and its conversion into a „dark matter“