IPM gave its industrial partners a tour of its laboratories
03. 06. 2019
An event called “An Open Day Not Only for Industrial Partners” was held on May 23, 2019 at the Institute of Physics of Materials (IPM) of the Czech Academy of Sciences. This successful meeting, supported by the Strategy AV21, was attended by representatives of industrial companies and research organisations from all over the Czech Republic.
The event was opened by the director of the institute, Ludvík Kunz, followed by a presentation of successful cooperation with NenoVision s.r.o. and with the Institute of Applied Mechanics s.r.o. Luboš Náhlík, Director of CEITEC IPM/IPMinfra, presented the Institute’s professional activities, including presentations of ongoing research collaborations with industrial partners. He talked about the possibilities of cooperation in the area of application of advanced materials using the research background of the institute. On examples he demonstrated the application potential of the Institute and its research infrastructure.
A substantial part of the meeting was devoted to guided tours of individual laboratories and to the introduction of expensive equipment and facilities to visitors. During the tour, visitors had the opportunity to discuss with the Institute’s experts the technical parameters of the facility and solutions of their specific problems. The Open Day concluded with individual interviews on the possibilities of future collaboration between the Institute’s researchers and representatives of participating companies in solving industrial problems or in joint research activities.
- President of the CAS to be a scientific advisor to Brussels politicians
- CEFRES has been offering Czech science an intellectual and creative background for 30 years
- Academy Assembly elects new members of Academy and Science Councils
- ELI Beamlines reached the highest average power ever demonstrated by a petawatt laser
- Position of the Czech Academy of Sciences on the support of frontier research in Horizon Europe
- Czech Intellect award for CAS for unique methane to methanol transformation
- The building of the Academy of Sciences is closed
- Giant plant genomes are driven by the accumulation of repetitive DNA and its conversion into a „dark matter“
- Position of the Czech Academy of Sciences on the future of the European Research Area
- How is a metal formed?