The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applicationsfor:
Ph.D. Student in the field of Optical biosensors
Responsibilities and tasks
The selected candidate will carry out research of optical methods and platforms for surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensors. This will include design and development of optical platforms as well as their evaluation in model sensing experiments. The selected candidate will also be involved in the applications of the developed SPR sensor platforms for the investigation of biomolecular interactions and detection of chemical and biological species.
- MS or equivalent degree in photonics, optics, optoelectronics, optical communications or similar,
- experience in research and development of optical systems for chemical sensing and biosensing.
- interesting and challenging job in an international environment,
- work in a vibrant and multidisciplinary research team,
- excellent research infrastructure,
- full time employment with 5 weeks of vacation and other benefits.
Terms of employment
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from September 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
In order to apply, please, send a letter of application (cover letter) and CV to Ms. Jana Petrlova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for application: August 13, 2020
In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Ph.D. Student in Optical biosensors.