The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in the field of Plasmonic Biosensors.
Responsibilities and tasks
The selected candidate will carry out research into optical biosensors based on plasmonic nanostructures and their applications for investigation of biomolecules and their interactions. Specifically, the candidate will be expected to:
- carry out design of plasmonic nanostructures and platforms for biosensors based on optical spectroscopy of surface plasmons,
- participate in preparation and characterization of plasmonic nanostructures,
- develop and characterize new optical platforms for plasmonic biosensors,
- participate in applications of these biosensors for investigation of biomolecules and their interactions.
- Ph. D. degree in electrical engineering, physics, optics, or similar,
- publication record in the field of (bio)photonics and plasmonics,
- experience in research into plasmonic (nano)structures and biosensors,
- experience in development of optical systems for sensing.
- interesting and challenging job in an international environment,
- work in a large multidisciplinary research team,
- excellent research infrastructure.
Terms of employment
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from January 1, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send us a letter of application (cover letter), CV, list of publications and two references to Ms. Jana Petrlova (email@example.com). In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Plasmonic Biosensors.
Institute of Information Theory and Automation, Prague, Czech Republic
announces an open position(s) of
"postdoctoral fellow" and/or "junior researcher" in the Department of Image Processing.
- working in a group with a long-term research experience and high international reputation
- working on a prestigious research grant of ERC-style
- the applicant can choose his/her own research topics or join the current topics of the Department
- competitive salary, highly above the standard in the Czech Republic
- the contract from one to three years with a possible prolongation
- tentative starting date January 1, 2019 (may be changed according to the candidate's preferences).
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, applied mathematics or electrical engineering
- strong track record and research experience in the area of image processing, analysis and recognition.
- ability to work independently and/or in a small team
- good background in math and programming skills
- dedication and enthusiasm
The applications should be submitted via email to Prof. Jan Flusser (firstname.lastname@example.org) and should comprise the applicants CV, list of publications, copy of the Ph.D. diploma, tentative research program (optional), and a motivation letter.