J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry
- Position (title)
Core scientist in the Department of Nanocatalysis
- RESEARCH FIELD
- RESEARCHER PROFILE
R3 - Established Researcher
- APPLICATION DEADLINE
31/10/2018 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
Czech Republic › Prague
- TYPE OF CONTRACT
- JOB STATUS
Position funded through an EU Research Framework Programme (Call ERA H2020-WIDESPREAD-03-2017-ERAChairs)
J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i.,
a scientist position in the Department of Nanocatalysis.
The offered position is a part of research team at the newly established Department of Nanocatalysis, which will focus on catalysis by atomic clusters. The candidate is expected to be involved in all stages of research including design of experimental equipment, experimental work, analysis and interpretation of data, and publication of results. The applicant will develop instrumentation for the synthesis of metallic and oxide clusters in the gas phase and for the deposition of clusters on substrates. We welcome candidates who have extended experience with the design and construction of vacuum equipment for studies of ionic gas phase species (atoms, molecules or clusters), and who are proficient in method development and programming.
- Ph.D. degree in physics, chemistry, or a related field;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experienced in the mass spectrometry and guiding of charged species;
- Skilled in the design and construction of custom ultra-high vacuum scientific equipment for the studies of ions;
- Skilled in software development for instrument control,data acquisition and data analysis;
- Skilled in control electronics, data analysis and interpretation;
- A good scientific publication record;
- At least five years of postdoctoral experience.
Start of the position: 1st of January, 2019
Duration of the job: up to 54 months
Contract type: full-time position
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year
- Lunch vouchers
- 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
- Flexible working conditions
Required from the candidate:
Cover Letter, CV, copies of diplomas, brief summary of previous research activities, complete list of publications, at least 2 letters of references emailed by the peers directly to the contact listed below.
The application with the required documents must be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (coordinator of the project)
Application deadline: 31th October 2018
The institute supports the principles of equal opportunity in employment and education for its staff and students and endorses The Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers and The European Charter for Researchers.
Institute of Information Theory and Automation, Prague, Czech Republic
announces an open position(s) of
"postdoctoral fellow" and/or "junior researcher" in the Department of Image Processing.
- working in a group with a long-term research experience and high international reputation
- working on a prestigious research grant of ERC-style
- the applicant can choose his/her own research topics or join the current topics of the Department
- competitive salary, highly above the standard in the Czech Republic
- the contract from one to three years with a possible prolongation
- tentative starting date January 1, 2019 (may be changed according to the candidate's preferences).
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, applied mathematics or electrical engineering
- strong track record and research experience in the area of image processing, analysis and recognition.
- ability to work independently and/or in a small team
- good background in math and programming skills
- dedication and enthusiasm
The applications should be submitted via email to Prof. Jan Flusser (email@example.com) and should comprise the applicants CV, list of publications, copy of the PhD diploma, tentative research program (optional), and a motivation letter.