The research team Fiber Lasers and Nonlinear Optics at the Institute of Photonics and Electronics
of the Czech Academy of Sciences
invites applications for a
postdoctoral research fellow position in the field of numerical modelling of optical fibers for fiber lasers.
We are looking for a highly motivated young professional with independent working habits and good communication skills. Excellent command of both written and spoken English is required in order to communicate with members of the research team, present results at international conferences and publish them in international journals.
Responsibilities and tasks:
The selected candidate will carry out research into specialty optical fibers and their applications in fiber laser devices. Specifically, the candidate will be expected to:
- perform theoretical analysis, numerical modelling and optimisation of optical fiber doped with rare-earth elements,
- develop the program codes of the numerical models,
- use and modify existing numerical models developed in ÚFE (Matlab, C++)
- verify results against the commercial models (e.g., RP Fiber Power, COMSOL Multiphysics).
- PhD degree in physical engineering, mathematical physics, electrical or software engineering, optics, or similar,
- strong publication record in the field of photonics,
- solid background in fiber optics, optical waveguides, lasers and photonics,
- strong experience in theoretical calculations and modelling of photonic structures,
- experience in experimental research in fiber optics and laser physics is an advantage.
- interesting and challenging job in an international environment,
- work in a multidisciplinary research team,
- excellent research infrastructure.
Terms of employment:
The initial period of employment is 1 year with the possibility of an extension, starting from November 1, 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send a letter of application (cover letter), CV, list of publications and two references to Ms. Jana Petrlova (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line of your email, please, enter the code Postdoc-UFE-F2.
In order to conduct the selection procedure on the position you are applying for it is necessary to collect and process your personal data. By replying to this ad, you provide to the Institute of Photonics and Electronics, Czech Academy of Sciences (located at Chaberská 57, 18251, Praha 8, Czech Republic) your personal data only for the purpose of the selection process. The personal data shall be stored for the duration of the selection procedure, and further for max 6 months after the termination of the selection procedure for the legitimate interest of the controller in order to prove the proper course of the selection procedure and to evaluate the results of the selection procedure. During metioned period personal data can be stored on our internal and an external storage (owned by Microsoft Corp.) with dedicated access. After the above period expires, your personal data will be permanently deleted
Institute of Information Theory and Automation, Prague, Czech Republic
announces an open position(s) of
"postdoctoral fellow" and/or "junior researcher" in the Department of Image Processing.
- working in a group with a long-term research experience and high international reputation
- working on a prestigious research grant of ERC-style
- the applicant can choose his/her own research topics or join the current topics of the Department
- competitive salary, highly above the standard in the Czech Republic
- the contract from one to three years with a possible prolongation
- tentative starting date January 1, 2019 (may be changed according to the candidate's preferences).
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, applied mathematics or electrical engineering
- strong track record and research experience in the area of image processing, analysis and recognition.
- ability to work independently and/or in a small team
- good background in math and programming skills
- dedication and enthusiasm
The applications should be submitted via email to Prof. Jan Flusser (email@example.com) and should comprise the applicants CV, list of publications, copy of the PhD diploma, tentative research program (optional), and a motivation letter.