Postdoctoral Research-fellow position in Nano-Optics
The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v.v.i. in accordance with the Act No.283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statute of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, announces an open competition for the position of (postdoctoral) research fellow in the group of Nano-optics. Successful candidate will carry out research on optical methods for single-protein analytics.
- Ph. D. degree in optics, optoelectronics, applied physics, or in biophysics
- Excellent publication record
- Research experience and experimental skills in optics, preferably microscopy, bioimaging, plasmonics, or near-field optics
- Cross-disciplinary research interests in molecular biology or biophysics are of great advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team-focused environment.
- Interdisciplinary working environment
- Unique experimental background of the Nano-optics research group
- Creative approaches involving innovative, high-impact research topics
- Strong support of career growth towards scientific independence
- Full time employment with 5 weeks of vacation
We ask that candidates send a structured CV containing a list of publications, at least two references, and a letter of motivation to Mrs. Petrlová (email@example.com). The subject line should include UFE-NP3.
The deadline for applications is 16 August, 2018.
In order to conduct the selection procedure on the position you are applying for it is necessary to collect and process your personal data. By replying to this ad, you provide to the Institute of Photonics and Electronics, Czech Academy of Sciences (located at Chaberská 57, 18251, Praha 8, Czech Republic) your personal data only for the purpose of the selection process. The personal data shall be stored for the duration of the selection procedure, and further for max 6 months after the termination of the selection procedure for the legitimate interest of the controller in order to prove the proper course of the selection procedure and to evaluate the results of the selection procedure. During metioned period personal data can be stored on our internal and an external storage (owned by Microsoft Corp.) with dedicated access. After the above period expires, your personal data will be permanently deleted.
The J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry of Czech Academy of Sciences, one of the leading Czech academic research establishments, invites applications from outstanding internationally recognized scientists and skilled research managers for a position of
J. Heyrovský Chair – Head of Department of Nanocatalysis
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a new department within the structure of the Institute, set an independent research program, taking advantage of current achievements of the J. Heyrovský Institute in catalysis and nanoscience and to establish cooperation and initiate joint projects within ERA academic and business sector. The position is an integral part of the prestigious ERA Chair Project awarded to the Institute to increase its research excellence and will allow the candidate to take a leadership role in a new research field.
- an excellent scientist with strong academic background in nanocatalysis, demonstrated by a publication record in the highest international quality journals
- managerial skills
- proven experience in leading research teams in academia or industry (at least 5 years’ experience as a principal investigator on research projects)
- a track record of funding by international research grants
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in chemistry or physics
- written and oral communication skills in English
- communication and presentation skills
- international reputation based on research excellence
- professorial title, habilitation or similar qualification
- experience with Ph.D. supervision
- knowledge in the areas of cluster chemistry at the nanoscale and/or electrocatalysis
- experience with X-ray, mass spectrometry and other analytical methods in nanocatalysis
The successful candidate will be given:
- a long term contract (5 years supported by the ERA Chair grant)
- attractive salary (€ 5000 monthly and performance based bonus)
- Head of Department position with an opportunity to create a new nanocatalysis department, steering role in recruiting the researchers for the department
- lab. space of 80 m2, up to 5 scientific positions in his/her department and an appropriate start-up budget
Expected appointment date: 1. October 2018
Applications should include
- Curriculum Vitae including awards, research projects led during the last 10 years and other accomplishments such as memberships in conference organizing committees and invited talks
- publication and patent list
- recommendation letters
- motivation letter outlining the vision for the new department and potential collaborations with already existing departments at the J. Heyrovský Institute
Applications should be sent both electronically and as a hard copy in an envelope marked “ERA Chair” to:
Address: J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v. v. i., Dolejškova 2155/3,
182 23 Prague 8, Czech Republic
Applications will be considered if they are received by 15th June 2018 24:00 CET time at the latest.