The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow positions in the field of Plasmonics.
Responsibilities and tasks
The selected candidates will carry out research into plasmonics for optical affinity biosensors. Both theoreticians and experimentalists are encouraged to apply.
The selected candidate with strong theoretical background in plasmonics and photonics will be expected to perform theoretical analysis and design of plasmonic nanostructures and optical platforms for plasmonic biosensors.
The selected candidate with strong experimental experience in plasmonic sensing will be expected to develop novel optical platforms for biosensors based on plasmonic nanostructures and participate in their applications for the detection of biomolecules and investigation of biomolecular interactions.
- Ph. D. degree in electrical engineering, physics, optics, optoelectronics, or similar,
- publication record in the field of plasmonics and photonics,
- experience in research into plasmonic (nano)structures and development of optical platforms for plasmonic sensing.
- interesting and challenging job in an international environment,
- work in a vibrant and multidisciplinary research team,
- excellent research infrastructure
- full time employment with 5 weeks of vacation and other benefits
Terms of employment
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from June 1, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
In order to apply, please, send a letter of application (cover letter), CV, and a list of publications to Ms. Jana Petrlova (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Plasmonics.