The CAS succeeded in Natural Index Biomedical Sciences
20. 05. 2019
Nature Index, compiled under patronage of the Nature magazine, monitors the count of high-quality outputs in selected science journals. In the recently published list of articles from the area of biomedical sciences, the Czech Academy of Sciences has reached 13th place in the worldwide category of government institutions, gaining the best position from all such institutions in Central and Eastern Europe.
The current list covers the period from 2015 to 2018. The excellent position of the Czech Academy of Sciences also means an improvement of 20.7% compared with the previous year. From European countries, only institutions from the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, and Italy ranked better than the CAS.
The Czech Academy of Sciences also attained excellent results in the general list of Nature Index, published in September 2018. In that list, the CAS reached an increase of 18.2% compared with the previous year, gaining 19th place in the worldwide category of government institutions. More information can be found here.
Prepared by: Milan Pohl, Department of Media Communication of the Head Office of the CAS
- The CAS urges the Hungarian president to defend academic freedom
- Five Nobel Prize winners in Prague at the invitation of the Academy of Sciences
- Memorandum signed between the CAS and the University of Žilina
- Geneticists have deciphered the prehistory of inhabitants of Kamchatka and North America
- Climate action urgently required to protect human health in Europe
- The leadership of the Czech Academy of Sciences visited CERN
- IPM gave its industrial partners a tour of its laboratories
- Antonín Fejfar spoke at the United Nations Headquartes
- Rare illustrations presented at the exhibition Divine Wisdom – Divine Nature
- IOCB’s lutetium separation method will facilitate treatment of cancer