The CAS succeeded in Natural Index Biomedical Sciences
20. 05. 2019
Nature Index, compiled under patronage of the Nature magazine, monitors the count of high-quality outputs in selected science journals. In the recently published list of articles from the area of biomedical sciences, the Czech Academy of Sciences has reached 13th place in the worldwide category of government institutions, gaining the best position from all such institutions in Central and Eastern Europe.
The current list covers the period from 2015 to 2018. The excellent position of the Czech Academy of Sciences also means an improvement of 20.7% compared with the previous year. From European countries, only institutions from the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, and Italy ranked better than the CAS.
The Czech Academy of Sciences also attained excellent results in the general list of Nature Index, published in September 2018. In that list, the CAS reached an increase of 18.2% compared with the previous year, gaining 19th place in the worldwide category of government institutions. More information can be found here.
Prepared by: Milan Pohl, Department of Media Communication of the Head Office of the CAS
- How is a metal formed?
- The Czech Academy of Sciences tests samples, develops protective materials and advises with economics
- New study reveals that mud may be flowing like lava on Mars
- A new biosensor can detect the coronavirus before the start of the formation of antibodies
- Scientists developed genetic tools for research of marine protists. The international 100-member team was led by Czech parasitologists
- The Czech Academy of Sciences tests samples, develops new tests and advises with economics
- European Academies of Science warn: Plastic Crisis Requires Fundamental System Change
- First observation of controlled electron transfer within a single molecule
- The building of the Academy of Sciences at Národní 1009/3 is closed
- The Human Brain Project 2020 Open Day